You can write your father of the groom toast if you follow the guides and tips that I prepared in this article. I also wrote my wedding toast using the tips and tricks I gathered online. It is easy to write your own speeches as long as you do it according to the guide.
I was also distressed and anxious when I learned that I will have to deliver a father of the groom toasts. I was never a writer and the last written work I did was from way back in school. I never thought that writing such toasts would be so easy when you follow some tips and guides on the Internet.
Allow me to share with you some writing tips I learned.
1. Use regular, everyday English to write your toast. This way, it will be easier to understand and easier to write on your part.
2. Do not use dictionary words that nobody will understand. Just use regular words in conjunction with regular, everyday English. Using regular words will help people understand you better and will again make it easier for you to write.
3. Make a single unifying theme and stick with it all throughout the toast or speech. With a single theme, your toasts will be coherent, cohesive, and succinct.
Here’s how you can start writing.
1. Introduce yourself. Just tell the audience who you are and what you do in general.
2. This is where you tell inspirational stories or funny anecdotes about the bride and groom. You can choose to write down your stories as long as they revolve around a single theme.
3. The end part will be best wishes for the bride and groom. You can end your toast with a funny one-liner or you can tell another inspirational parting wish.
When delivering your speech, take note of the following.
1. Rehearse your toast with another human being. You really have to practice your toast until you perfect it.
2. Remember that you can write down some notes of your speech.
3. Deliver your speech loud and clear. You can refine the volume and tone of your voice during practice.
4. Stand up straight when delivering your speech. You have to stand out of the crowd in general, since the crowd are all sitting down in the first place.
I followed all of the tips above and I made a good performance at my son’s wedding. I can’t believe that I was anxious and distressed going to the wedding when I made a great showing of myself with my polished father of the groom toast. For professional tips and guides, head on over to father of the groom speech and toast site